Monday, December 21, 2015

The movie which gave me the kick

The idea for this app has been kept, stored in notes, put aside. Summer came, summer left. Another app needed an update, illness, laptop stolen, such things.

Then something happened to my: I saw a movie which got hyped all over Europe. Exaggeration, words of praise, few of blame. In such times I tend to avoid those movies. At least I try not to read and hear about it. I managed it.

And the I saw "Victoria" - spontaneous, unprepared and unspoiled. It worked, I went with those naiv adolescent night strollers in realtime without editing through their story. And I promise: I am sure, my heart beat never ever run that fast.

I knew instantly: drop everything else, make Movie Pulse work!

Thank you so much, Sebastian Schipper, for directing this fine piece of film history.

Victoria by Sebastian Schipper

One note of watching movies and measuring heart rates in parallel: too bad - this will work in such intensity only the first time...

No comments:

Post a Comment